Wednesday 9 November 2011

Vlka Fenryka: Logan Grimnar Complete

No WIP shots for this guy - he unfortunately suffered the same treatment as Arjac, and stayed half finished for ages! So without further ado, here he is!


Pelt detail. Logans pelt is grey/white as opposed to the brown/white pelts found in the rest of the army. Firstly to differentiate him from the rest of the army, secondly, i wanted the Old Wolf to have the pelt of an old wolf as well!


The Axe of Morkai. I used an airbrush to apply the fuzzy red patches of Red Gore and then applied a Blood Red highlight down the length of the blade. I didn't want to use the frosty effect that I've used on the rest of the armies Power Weapons, as this is meant to be a Warp forged blade (which i find highly unusual considering the Wolves' aversion to the Warp - to the point where they won't use Telaporters!!) You'll also notice that I've left the right shoulder pad plain black. I wanted to apply the Great Wolf transfer onto the pad and paint over it in Skull White. This was bloody hard, so i scrapped the idea. So, when in doubt - do nothing! Until i think of  an easy way to get a white Great Wolf transfer onto his shoulder pad, it'll remain blank!


This brings me within spitting distance of army completion! Good job to with the new Necron Codex sitting on my desk and a pile of cool models! Just one more Lone Wolf and a squad of Long Fangs (which are on their was from eBay) and we're good!

Then I'll be turning my attentions to chrome-clad immortality.....

Until next winter.....

The GunGrave

1 comment:

  1. The axe blades look great... have you thought about adding a few very thin lightning streaks to it?

    Also, as usual, I love the base!

    ReplyDelete

JSA - Yojimbo!!

He has a name you just have to shout every time you activate him! The mad motorcycle monster himself, Yojimbo! The JSA have very limited...