Monday 22 April 2013

Tau Riptide Build Complete, Tau Test Models Done

So I've been beavering away with the Riptide build. Anyone who follows my Twitter feed would have experienced my frustration!! Pose-able models are great, but you need another 2 hands to create the poses you want!

That being said, i'm really pleased with the build:

 
I left the hips loose so the model can be posed differently, and also for storage and transport - this thing is a bit of a beast. There's no secondary weapons or support systems on him yet, as I haven't decided what to have yet!

 
Plenty of rubble and ruins on the base. 

 
I've also done 2 Tau Firewarrior test models. I wanted an Urban-Snow theme, and I think the scheme achieves that.


 
I didn't want a crisp, clean look for my Tau - I bet you'll never see a 'clean' warrior on a battlefield, so when I decided to go for white, I wanted it to be an off-white, a dirty white! I'm still trying to decide whether or not to add battle damage to the armour. Think I'll get the whole squad done first and see how it all looks before I make a decision.
 
The rest of the squad is nearly complete, and then its onto the Riptide. After that it'll be the Pathfinders (got some cool ideas for them!)
 
The GunGrave

8 comments:

  1. Nice! I dig that snow/urban theme you've done, looks great! The base on the Riptide is awesome as well. Looking forward to seeing it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very nice, a great way to do a light coloured army without it looking too clinical. Great work, looking forward to seeing how it comes out on the Riptide.

    What else are you going to be running in the force, any of the other new releases/old favourites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I haven't written a list yet - nor have I played a single game of 6th Ed! Being a virgin Tau player as well will make it difficult to. However, I'll be doing a 1750pt force, with plenty of Psthfinders, Suits and Firewarriors!

      Delete
  3. Nice paint scheme. I like it when the models have a realistic feel to them so that they look less like toys and more like real soldiers. Looking forward to the Riptide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great - love the colour choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool scheme! Thinking of doing something similar, but closer to the Hoth rebel forces in star wars. How did you achieve the dirty white effect? I'm asuming black wash over a white primer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its actually an oil paint wash. Dilute some black Winton oil paint with some white spirit and apply heavily to the whole model. Black was (ie: Nuln Oil) would be far to thick and dark to achieve this effect.

      Hope this helps!

      Delete

JSA - Yojimbo!!

He has a name you just have to shout every time you activate him! The mad motorcycle monster himself, Yojimbo! The JSA have very limited...