Monday 22 February 2016

Legio Astorum Knight Errant 2 WIP

Hot off the heels of the Knight Paladin is the second of my Legio Astorum Knight Errants (though i do have 3 of these planned!)

As you can see, I've done a bit of work on the legs to create a dynamic charging pose for the Knight. The static pose is the only thing i really dont like about the Knight kit.


I cut the joints between at the knee on both legs and re positioned them. I also removed some of the hip joints to adjust the overall position. This helped me create a pose with forward momentum.


Lastly i had to lengthen the leg pistons, as they weren't long enough (or to long in some cases) to accommodate the new pose. This was done using 3mm plastic rod.




The build is near enough complete now, so i'll be on to the painting soon!

The GunGrave

13 comments:

  1. Great stuff, but to complete the illusion of stepping forward rather than falling on his face, I think the head has to be raised to horizontal perhaps? The static pose bugs me too, like GW missed an opportunity there, everyone I know with Knights has more than one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Siph - the idea was that the Knight was attacking a ground target rather than another Knight or large armor piece. It does make more sense once the armor panels are on!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Awesome work with that reposing. Almost makes me feel brave enough to try it on my next knight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, it's much easier than it looks! You just have to dive in

      Delete
  3. Nice pose. Once you get the hang of re-positioning the legs it really is not that hard (just takes some time). To bad GW did not make the legs in several parts from the beginning, so that we would not have to cut as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's is, we've all said it many time on here. FW are really missing s trick there with the legs

      Delete
  4. Nice. Tap dancin' one next....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that isn't a bad idea...!!

      Delete
    2. I still want a wraithlord drop kicking one of Karitas' spaze puppies - ever since he did all my wraithlords in by the end of of the second turn.

      So a knight stompin' something would be kool. And if its stompin' a defdred might be the thing to stomp - maybe.

      Delete
  5. I look forward to this being finished. Looking good so far!

    ReplyDelete

JSA - Yojimbo!!

He has a name you just have to shout every time you activate him! The mad motorcycle monster himself, Yojimbo! The JSA have very limited...