Tuesday 6 February 2018

Comanche Terrain from Warsenal

Its time for something a bit different this week, a splash of terrain! Well, a bit more of a splash, there's quite a bit of it!

Back in the tail end of last year the madness that is Black Friday descended. I normally don't take much notice of this, but this year I noticed that Warsenal were offering 25% of ALL of their products, with free international shipping for orders over $50! I live in the UK so getting this stuff over to me is quite expensive (I think this order would've cost me around £95!!) The free shipping was my starting gun to start shopping, and then I got the 25% as well! Happy days!

I've eyed up Warsenal's terrain offerings for a long time. Its quite different from anything else on the market I feel, with an attention to detail and aesthetic which fits so perfectly into the Infinity universe! I will be doing a proper terrain review soon, but for now I want to share with you what I've got done so far. I went a little mad admittedly, carried away with the great offer Warsenal were running, so I've got enough terrain for a packed table, maybe even 2 if I spread it out with some decent scatter terrain.

First up is the Pillbox Bunker. This is quite a large building with multiple firing pints out of the front of the structure. I also picked up the Scout Tower that sits on top of this building, but I haven't put that together yet.



I chose a simple colour for the interiors, with the browns and beige's contrasting nicely with the greens!


No Comanche table would be complete without some walkways and towers! These 3 here the are Comanche Octagons. I have another 5 square towers to build and paint, all of which can be connected with...


Walkways! What you see here are 5 short narrow walkways, suitable for 25mm based mini's. I have some of their longer cousins to build up, as well as some short wide and long wide walkways which will take 60mm bases.


This is the Spetsnaz Sniper Tower. I didn't allow my lack of actual Spetsnaz from getting in the way of buying one of these! This building will give some much needed height to the table. I have to admit as well, it was a bit of a pig to put together!!



These are the 2 smaller cousins of the Pillbox Bunker, the Pillbox's! As with the bunker, I have the Scout towers to go on top of these at some point.



The interiors were done the same as the Bunker, with browns and beige's. These buildings also came with lockers! (random!)


One of my favourite buildings from the Comanche range now, the Black Eagle Landing Pad. This piece is quite big, so I should've put a model on there to show you! I couldn't decide for a long time after I finished painting it up wither or not to decorate the centre of the pad with an emblem, but as you can see I went ahead in the end! That part was a lot of fun, and I was very pleased with the end result!


There is a bit of scatter terrain available for the Comanche range as well, so I picked up 2 packs of these barriers to break up the table a bit. This time I did remember a mini for scale!


Every single one of the Octagons, Pad's and Towers comes with a ladder! Now this is a really nice touch, because it doesn't force you into having to by a system of walkways to link your buildings up. They can stand independently with a ladder access from ground level. However, this does mean I have a butt load of ladders!! They're a bit of a pain to paint, so I think I've painted all the ladders I'm willing to for now!


Here's the whole lot together! You can see in the background the next lot of walkways ready to be primed. I'd say i'm about halfway though this terrain set ) I subsequently orders a bit more after the first lot arrived !) It's going to keep me going for a while, but I should have a pretty sweet table at the end of it!


More soon!

The GunGrave

4 comments:

  1. Very cool - Those look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some seriously nice scenery!

    Great painting; the emblem on the pad in particular looks fantastic. You must be a glutton for punishment though; painting that much scenery to such a high standard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I think the terrain looks better than most of my miniatures!!

      Delete
  3. Cheers guys! It's such nice terrain I decided I wanted to give it a worthy paint job! This will be quite a large project as I want to do a load of 'Endor' style scatter terrain for the board, giant trees included!

    ReplyDelete

JSA - Yojimbo!!

He has a name you just have to shout every time you activate him! The mad motorcycle monster himself, Yojimbo! The JSA have very limited...