Wednesday 5 September 2018

Hobby Goals! Basement Conversion Complete!

Its a been a while since I posted on here, but things have been hectic recently! The good kind though!


I've been planning a conversion of my basement into a dedicated hobby space for a few years now. It wasn't going to be a cheap project so its taken a while to organize funds for it. I'm pleased to say that its now complete and I couldn't be happier!


Here's a few pictures of the process!


Here's what it looked like before (with all the crap out of it of course!)




Work begins!




Damp proof membrane goes down.





Stud walls, plasterboard, plaster and concrete floor in. Electrics done as well.




Decorated with the new flooring!




Yesterday I decided to move a few bits in to try it for size! I'm having a gaming table made and also some desks and storage, but that may be a few months away from completion yet. This lot will keep me operational until that gets done.





All in all its taken 4 weeks to complete, and I can't believe the difference! I'll be looking forward to customizing this space over the next few months to make it into my dream hobby space!


While all that was going on I did manage to get some painting done, as well as bag myself a copy of Adeptus Titanicus Grand Master Edition! More on that lot soon!

5 comments:

  1. Looks lovely mate, I'm very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nice. Now you just have to cram it full of as many models as possible - right to the ceiling!

    Or hold back and actually have a nice space to work in. Dedicated airbrush space would be awesome too. I aspire to that one day myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both! Yeah i'll have to be quite select on what I can keep in there now! I'm under strict instructions NOT to expand beyond the basement! I'll be having some storage build in hopefully later this year which will finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic! Great work, man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I love it. I'm so shocked at the before and after difference. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

JSA - Yojimbo!!

He has a name you just have to shout every time you activate him! The mad motorcycle monster himself, Yojimbo! The JSA have very limited...