Friday 7 October 2011

Vlka Fenryka - Second Drop Pod Complete

The second and final Drop Pod for this army is done.



Much like the first. The only difference here is that i was a bit  more confident with the weathering powers while doing the scorch marks. I was wary of overdoing the scorching, especially as it was on such a light base! I do like the look of  this Pod though over the first, and will probably go back and add a bit more scorching onto the first later!

Until next winter.....

The GunGrave

5 comments:

  1. Looking good! I think the weathering on this looks ace - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool mate. I just tried my hand at weathering the other day and started on a drop pod. The first attempt looks sopmething like your first one, heading towards what you managed on this second one. I think looking at various resources it just takes time and patience to get right - a steady build up rather than an all in one hit sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah totally! A slow steady build up of weathering power is so much better! I've foud that you end up with lots of dark splodges on your model otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your space wolves, the color scheme is very stark but yet very detailed. The weathering is what makes it work. I really get inspired to try my hand at the wolves again after looking at your work, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Agis - cheers mate! The colour schemes are really a tip-of-the-hat to the origional Space Wolves colour schemes! I think that stark, no-nonsense scheme really suits the Wolves!

    ReplyDelete

JSA - Yojimbo!!

He has a name you just have to shout every time you activate him! The mad motorcycle monster himself, Yojimbo! The JSA have very limited...