Monday 1 September 2014

Heresy Era Death Guard - Grave Wardens Complete

I can't say enough good things about these models, I just love them! The detail is great and they look the nuts! I wouldn't be surprised if I end up buying another 5...


I tried out GW's technical paints here, specifically Nihilakh Oxide, on the brass around the shoulder pads and exhausts. This was my first time using it, and i'm pretty pleased with the results. Theres quite a lot of brass on these models, so something to break up the brass a bit was welcome. 


Chainfist detail:


Grenade Launcher detail:


There was some 'built in' battle damage on these models, which i enhanced a bit with some weathering powders.



This unit is a welcome addition to the Death Guard army, which i'm hoping to take out for a battle very soon.

The GunGrave

4 comments:

  1. Nice work, I really like these. You can never have to many Terminators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weathering, lots of details on these guys. Good use of shades and highlights. Man these are beautiful models. You've done them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheers guys I really love them! Vary tempting to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi
    how many chainfist come with the grave wardens I see 2 in the squad

    ReplyDelete

JSA - Yojimbo!!

He has a name you just have to shout every time you activate him! The mad motorcycle monster himself, Yojimbo! The JSA have very limited...