Wednesday 13 October 2010

Trying my Hand at Terrain

Due to the sudden and unexpected death of one of my cats, posts have been a little slim on the ground. However, i have accumulated a lot of material to blog about!
While funds build up for another Forgeworld order, i have been trying my hand at terrain. Although i rarely play 40K at home, my gaming club could benefit greatly from this little side project (for a modest fee of course...!)

I attended a 40K tournament in Bristol in May, and i was very impressed with their terrain and game boards. Upon closer inspection of the pieces i saw that most of them were just simple household products and not expensive scenery sets. One commonly used piece was Guttering!
I nipped out and grabbed a couple of pieces of guttering and gave it a go. Simply turn the guttering upside down and stick it to a piece of fibreboard. Block off the ends with some plasticard and then decorate with spare parts! Hey-presto, one building. This example could be part of an outpost or frontier settlement.



Once painted it looks great. I primarilly used an airbrush for this, and took me no more than an hour to do. A little oil paint and white sprit for the weathering gives it that finishing touch!



I have 2 more of these types of building mid-constuction along with an Imperial Bastion. More on them soon!
Oh, and i also finished that other Broodlord as well! Here it is!


1 comment:

  1. That looks pretty neat! Club could defiantly benefit from some of that line of sight blocking terrain. Thank you bristol vanguard! and that you tim for trying it out

    ReplyDelete

JSA - Yojimbo!!

He has a name you just have to shout every time you activate him! The mad motorcycle monster himself, Yojimbo! The JSA have very limited...